Success doesn’t happen overnight. Keep your eye on the prize and don’t look back. – Erin Andrews
With summer in full swing, the perfect beach body may seem unattainable. However, it is closer than you may think. If you stick to this beach body guide you will be heading to the beach with the confidence you desire in no time!
1. Set Goals
Picture your ideal beach body and start setting goals now! In a notebook, write down three attainable goals and track your progress daily. Whether you aspire to work out 4 days a week, cut back on unhealthy foods, or lose a certain amount of weight, make sure to keep track of your progress. It is a good idea to keep track of your measurements, weight, eating habits, and fitness routines in your journal to better visualize the hard work you are putting in. When you reach one or more of your goals, make sure to reward yourself! Buy a new bathing suit, grab an acai bowl, or get a manicure. Incentivizing the process will make it all the more enjoyable!
2. Hydrate Yourself and Eat Well
Improving your fitness is only half of the battle. You must also fuel your body with the proper energy sources! Fill up on proteins, poultry, veggies, and a bit of fruit. Chicken, fish, eggs, spinach, asparagus, and apple and peanut butter are all great foods to help you obtain the beach body of your dream. If you are exercising more than usual, keep in mind that your body will require more food to sustain this extra activity. A day or two before you head to the beach, cut out carbs to help your body burn fat faster!
Hydrating your body is also a very important aspect of your journey towards your perfect beach body. In order to better help your body, cut back on caffeine drinks like coffee, tea, and soda and increase your water intake. Try drinking flavored sparkling water to make things more interesting!
3. Squat it Out
Giving your booty a lift will help you to create the beach body of your dreams! Try adding a cycling class into your fitness routine, taking the stairs every chance you get, and practicing your squats while watching TV. To help tone your tush, try a curtsy lunge or a clam dig with rotation!
- Curtsy Lunge: Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder width apart. Change your weight to your right foot and lift your left leg. Keep your body facing forward, but place your left leg behind you, directly behind your right foot. Lower your body downwards by creating a bend within your knees. Return to a standing position, move your leg back to the starting position, and repeat with the other side. Complete three sets of 15.
- Clam Dig: Lie on your side, rest your elbow on the ground, and your head in your palm. Bend your knees into a 45 degree angle on the ground. Lift your top let into a 90 degree angle and hold for two seconds. Make sure to keep your hips stacked and not to rock back and forth. Complete two sets of 30 on each side.
4. Crunch Away
Tighten up your abs to help create your perfect beach body! You don’t need a six pack, but building core strength will help to tone your tummy and increase your strength in case you try paddle boarding or surfing. Try the mountain climber, plank, and various crunches to help create this strength. Mix in some cardio, and you will be on your way to your beach body!
- Plank: Get into a pushup position with your weight evenly distributed between your hands and feet. Hold for one minute, rest for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times. For more of a challenge, lift on foot off of the ground and toward the sky.
- Mountain Climber: Start in a plank/pushup position with your weight evenly distributed between your hands and feet. Quickly bring your right knee into your right hip in one swift motion. Reverse your leg out in one explosive movement and bring the opposite leg into your hip. Continue movement for 30 seconds, rest, and repeat.
5. Don’t Do it Alone
Work with a friend or a personal trainer to help motivate you to get your ideal beach body. When you just want a cheeseburger, or you can’t motivate yourself to get to the gym, call your friend or trainer and ask for help! Obtaining the beach body of your dreams isn’t an easy task, but it is a rewarding one. Don’t do it alone!
6. Be Confident
The truth is, your ideal beach body is what YOU picture it to be. Do whatever it is that makes you feel good and confident with yourself! If that means buying a sexy bikini, buy it! Don’t let anyone stop you. Be fierce, be confident, be you, and more importantly, enjoy the beach!